Advanced Teacher Training
150 Hour (Level 2) Teacher Training
Learning happens when you’re teaching yoga. And learning continues forever, as long as you are prepared to dive into the abyss, defrost the fear and start teaching classes. During our successful 150 hour program you’ll learn the following methodologies:
- How to design and deepen your own personal practice.
- How to sequence and teach inspiring yoga classes, that either borrow from the 8 limbs of yoga philosophy, or structured around Maha, (peak pose) sequencing.
- Work one to one with students borrowing from a tool kit of sequences and pranayama rhythms, tailored to your students unique individual needs.
- Learn effective adjustment and alignment skills to help your students fully embody asana practice.
- Receive personal mentoring to make your teaching stand out and spice it up, with that little extra spark that keeps your students returning to classes and enjoying your teaching style.
We like to broaden peoples horizons and make you shine when addressing the general public, which is often daunting for new teachers. Our 150 hour program will equip you on your teaching journey with the support from our experienced teaching faculty. It will also be the gentle nudge that gets you over the line, whereupon you can teach classes with confidence, purpose and joy.
To participate in this training program you are required to have completed a 200 hour teacher training study program. We accept all individuals trained in Hatha Vinyasa Yoga from any yoga program, with certification, from all countries.
Please note the following course accreditation processes:
The Yoga Alliance Australia honours 200 (Level 1), 250 & 150 (level 2), & 350 hours.
Yoga Australia honours 200 (Level 1), 150 (level 2), & 350 hours.
- Cost $2,990, 10% discount ($299) for all Dancing Warrior Yoga alumni (if you enrol in the 5 modules, 2019).
- Payment plans available
- To apply please complete this Application Form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Free information seminar every Saturday 10.15am – 11.00am, bookings required via CONTACT US
Yin Yoga with Clare Lovelace and Mathew Bergan – 50 hours
This module can be completed separately to the others seen below.
As a stand alone module Cost $950
- Weekend One
Friday 22nd March, 2019, 6.00pm-9.00pm
- Saturday 23rd March, 2019, 9.00am – 5.00pm
- Sunday 24th March, 2019, 9.00am – 5.00pm
- Weekend Two
- Friday 5th April, 6.00pm-9.00pm
- Saturday 6th April, 9.00am – 5.00pm
- Sunday 7th April, 9.00am – 5.00pm
This training has been designed for anyone who wants to deepen their knowledge of Yin Yoga or specialise in teaching Yin Yoga (either as a one to one experience or in a class setting). Course includes Yin postures, pranayama, mindfulness meditation, Buddhist philosophy, anatomy & physiology in relation to yin yoga, modifications. View this link to learn more.
Alignment & Assists with Mathew Bergan – 25 hours
- Saturday 4th May 2019: 9.00am – 5.00pm
- Sunday 5th May 2019: 9.00am – 5.00pm
- We ask for 8 hours of class assisting to fit in with your own schedule within our weekly open class timetable.
Deepen your knowledge on the principles of alignment and hands-on assists. Learn how to give hands-on assists to students during both easy and complex postures. This module will focus on how to assist students safely and effectively, enabling them to experience optimal alignment and correct postural placement. Increase students kinaesthetic awareness in a safe and effective way. We ask that you attend our St Peters studio and assist 8 classes, (8 hours) with our senior teachers. Why, because this is where all the information you have learned is then applied.
Therapeutic One to One with Mathew Bergan– 40 hours (includes practical teaching hours)
- Saturday 18th May 2019 9.00am – 5.00pm
- Sunday 19th May 2019 : 9.00am – 5.00pm
- Saturday 22nd June 2019: 9.00am – 5.00pm
- Sunday 23rd June 2019: 9.00am – 5.00pm
Learn the art of therapeutic one to one yoga to build your professional teaching skills. Learn how to use a gentle and therapeutic approach to asana, pranayama and meditation to facilitate embodiment and energetic awakening. You will learn our ‘diagnostic one to one tool kit’ to gauge your client’s health, physical ability and emotional framework.
This module is presented through group practice sessions, discussion and home practice sessions with your clients. In the afternoon session of the last day you are required to present one client that you have been working with for your final assessment.
Class Sequencing with Mathew Bergan– 25 hours
- Saturday 13th July 2019: 9.00am – 5.00pm
- Sunday 14th July 2019: 9.00am – 5.00pm
Explore different methodologies of asana sequencing and learn what makes them successful, safe and effective. Develop various strategies for your teaching toolkit – including sequencing to prepare students for a ‘Maha’ or peak pose, sequencing around specific areas of anatomical focus or group of students (e.g. hip opening, or yoga for seniors) and sequencing around a specific philosophical focus. Learn how to create your own intelligent sequences to nurture and inspire your students on a physical, mental and energetic level including Yin, Sun/Moon sequences, Vinyasa Flow and Restorative Yoga.
Mentoring with Mathew Bergan– 10 hours
Wednesday mornings 6.00am – 7.30am for 7 sessions
- 13th & 27th March
- 10th & 24th April
- 8th & 22nd May
- 5th June
Receive guidance from senior teachers around how to manage different issues such as: deconstructing and teaching specific postures, alignment and assist questions, working with challenging students, working with injuries – both your students and your own, managing your own practice, self care, yogic diet and any other issues that you may face. You will have the opportunity to ask questions in advance and explore in depth in a supportive group environment. If you cannot attend any of these sessions the good news is they can be made up individually to accomodate your timetable for $120 per session. This cost can also be shared with another class mate.
Home study – 25 hours
- Class preparation
- Practical teaching
- Self enquiry
For further inquiries please CONTACT US
Refund Policy. Please note that we do not offer any refunds and all payments made for our training courses are non-refundable. Payment in part or in full confirms your place within your selected course and is therefore binding. Should special circumstances prevail and you are unable to attend the course for which you have enrolled, we may consider a transfer to another course in the future, at our discretion. Dancing Warrior Yoga reserves the right to make faculty changes if the need arises.
Learn teacher training online with Mathew Bergan via the Yogi Trove
“After doing my 200hrs Teacher Training I felt this extra training would give me the edge I needed. And it did! As soon as I completed 150 hrs module I can honestly say I was truly confident & ready to teach. Being mentored under the watchful eye of such a gifted & knowledgeable teacher was invaluable. I gained an even deeper understanding of anatomy & physiology. I got more precious practical experience learning how to read bodies – & give appropriate & safe variations where needed. I learned how to put together a balanced sequence quickly & now have a bunch of prepared classes at the ready. And, best of all, I found my authentic voice & learned to relax & enjoy this wonderful job!” Olivia Pigeot.