Advanced Teacher Training
150 Hour (Level 2) Teacher Training
Learning happens when you are teaching yoga. And, learning continues forever as long as you are prepared to dive into the abyss and start teaching.
During our 150 hour program you’ll learn to design your own personal practice, how to sequence and teach inspiring yoga classes, work one to one with students borrowing from a tool kit of sequences and pranayama rhythms tailored to the individuals needs, learn effective adjustment and alignment skills, receive personal mentoring and inspiring ways to present yoga philosophy within your teachings.
We like to broaden peoples horizons and make you shine and help get you over any nerves or fear addressing the general public. Our 150 hour program will equip you on your teaching journey with the support from our experienced teaching faculty. It will also be the gentle nudge that gets you over the line, teaching classes with confidence and joy.
To participate in this training program you are required to have completed a 200 hour teacher training study program. We accept all individuals trained in Hatha Vinyasa Yoga from any yoga program, with certification, from all countries.
Please note the following course accreditation processes:
The Yoga Alliance Australia honours 200 (Level 1), 250 & 150 (level 2), & 350 hours.
Yoga Australia honours 200 (Level 1), 150 (level 2), & 350 hours.
- Cost $2,990, 10% discount ($299) for all Dancing Warrior Yoga alumni (if you enrol in the 5 modules, 2018).
- Individual study modules are available to keep up your Continued Education Credits, (see prices below). You can also spread these modules out over a 1 or 2 year period.
- Payment plans available
- To apply please complete this Application Form and send to email@example.com
- Free information seminar every Saturday 10.15am – 11.00am, bookings required via CONTACT US
Alignment & Assists – 25 hours $650
- Saturday 15th September 2018: 9.00am – 5.00pm
- Sunday 16th September 2018: 9.00am – 5.00pm
- 8 hours of class assisting to fit in with your own schedule within our weekly open class timetable.
Deepen your knowledge on the principles of alignment and hands-on assists. Learn how to give hands-on assists to students during both easy and complex postures. This module will focus on how to assist students safely and effectively, enabling them to experience optimal alignment and correct postural placement. Increase students kinaesthetic awareness in a safe and effective way. We ask that you attend our St Peters studio and assist 8 classes, (8 hours) with our senior teachers. Why, because this is where all the information you have learned is then applied.
Therapeutic One to One – 40 hours (includes practical teaching hours) $880
- Saturday 29th September 2018: 9.00am – 5.00pm
- Sunday 30th September 2018: 9.00am – 5.00pm
- Saturday 13th October 2018: 9.00am – 5.00pm
- Sunday 14th October 2018: 9.00am – 5.00pm
Learn the art of therapeutic one to one yoga to build your professional teaching skills. Learn how to use a gentle and therapeutic approach to asana, pranayama and meditation to facilitate embodiment and energetic awakening. You will learn our ‘diagnostic one to one tool kit’ to gauge your client’s health, physical ability and emotional framework.
This module is presented through group practice sessions, discussion and home practice sessions with your clients. In the afternoon session of the last day you are required to present one client that you have been working with for your final assessment.
Yin Yoga with Clare Lovelace and Mathew Bergan – 50 hours $1300
- Wednesday 7th November 2018: 9.00am – 5.00pm
- Thursday 8th November 2018: 9.00am – 5.00pm
- Friday 9th November 2018: 9.00am – 5.00pm
- Saturday 10th November 2018: 9.00am – 5.00pm
- Sunday 11th November: 9.00am – 5.00pm
This training has been designed for anyone who wants to deepen their knowledge of Yin Yoga or specialise in teaching Yin Yoga (either as a one to one experience or in a class setting). Course includes Yin postures, pranayama, mindfulness meditation, Buddhist philosophy, anatomy & physiology in relation to yin yoga, modifications. View this link to learn more.
Class Sequencing – 25 hours $650
- Saturday 24th November 2018: 9.00am – 5.00pm
- Sunday 25th November 2018: 9.00am – 5.00pm
- Saturday 15th December 2018 9.00am-5.00pm (group class open to the general public)
Explore different methodologies of asana sequencing and learn what makes them successful, safe and effective. Develop various strategies for your teaching toolkit – including sequencing to prepare students for a ‘Maha’ or peak pose, sequencing around specific areas of anatomical focus or group of students (e.g. hip opening, or yoga for seniors) and sequencing around a specific philosophical focus. Learn how to create your own intelligent sequences to nurture and inspire your students on a physical, mental and energetic level including Yin, Sun/Moon sequences, Vinyasa Flow and Restorative Yoga.
Mentoring – 10 hours $450
Wednesday mornings 6.30am – 8.00am for 7 sessions
- 19th & 26th September
- 3rd, 10th, 17th & 24th October
- 14th November
Receive guidance from senior teachers around how to manage different issues such as: deconstructing and teaching specific postures, alignment and assist questions, working with challenging students, working with injuries – both your students and your own, managing your own practice, self care, yogic diet and any other issues that you may face. You will have the opportunity to ask questions in advance and explore in depth in a supportive group environment. If you cannot attend any of these sessions the good news is they can be made up individually to accomodate your timetable for $120 per hour. This cost can also be shared with another class mate.
Home study – 25 hours
- Class preparation
- Practical teaching
- Self enquiry
For further inquiries please CONTACT US
Learn teacher training online with Mathew Bergan via the Yogi Trove